Thursday, July 05, 2007

NOLA

It seems like I was in New Orleans years ago! Things have been crazy-hectic since I have returnd to Dayton. That first week was slow but then class started. . . 8-11:30 EVERYDAY!!! AGGHH!
So, anyway. . . as promised. . .here is the rest of my vacation. . . before it gets too late to share:

Katie and I. . . YES, we are in a book store. . . but it was a pretty freaking awesome book store with an awesome woman!

My street performing debut! Don't you just love it??? I do! I am thinking seriously of giving up theology and moving to downtown Dayton to street perform! What do you think?

Just some cool pictures of NOLA:








Oh yes, beyond street performing I also played a famous Chess Master, Jude Acers!


oh yeah, on a scale from 1-10 he told me I was a 4 or 5!!! Go ahead, I dare you to play me!!!


Okay, I am going to have to give Katie some homework here. . . I forget what the heck the importance of this blue dog is. . . Katie will have to post to inform us all!



Oldest bar in city? Country? Katie? There is no electricity!

And of course what would be a vacation without a margarita at good ole' Margaritaville!? I may have gotten tipsy but don't worry we did not "get drunk and screw!" But we still had a blast!

P.S. I highly recommend going to NOLA and getting a tour from Katie, she is an awesome tour guide and amazing host for the great city of New Orleans!!!

Keep rebuilding NOLA, you're totally worth it!

2 comments:

Katie Naab said...

re: Blue Dog

It's by a Louisian arist who is from outside NOLA. The blue dog is pretty much a New Orleans pop icon, andy warhol style.

learn more here:

http://www.georgerodrigue.com/

Sara said...

Thanks Katie!!!

Seriously--best tour guide ever!